Oracle Transportation Management
In today’s highly competitive Retail marketplace it is more critical than ever that you deliver great service at the lowest cost. Many retailers find they can both cut costs and improve customer service by improving their logistics function.
Today’s Retailers are challenged with:
– The need for more cost effective control of inbound freight
– Better visibility and faster prioritization for current “hot” promoted products and latest high demand products: proactively managing en route delays
– Cutting logistics costs through continuous moves, LTL consolidation to TL and cross docking or consolidation
What’s needed is a robust system for managing the transportation and logistics functions. With a sophisticated system, retailers have a common repository of all transportation data and a single source for analytics and reporting that allows them to make better decisions.
Do you need a more robust Transportation System? Ask yourself these questions.
– Are you are driving optimal cost from your current TMS Solution?
– Do you have real time visibility to shipments, statuses, and logistics events?
– Can you accurately track costs from the vendor to the store?
– Is your effectiveness limited by a logistics process that is fragmented across multiple 3PLs, reports and systems
– Are you effectively managing your mix of dedicated, private and contract carriers?
– Are you serving your internal customers with excellent service, accurate performance information and the lowest possible cost?
Do you have the Right Approach to Transportation Management?
You may have a Transportation Management System (TMS) already. But these solutions vary drastically. Some provide minimal tendering capabilities while highly robust solutions include functionality that spans nearly all Retail logistics processes. Transportation systems have evolved dramatically over the last decade. If you are not using a modern TMS, it is likely that an upgrade could bring you rapid return on your investment. And with Stat9 Consulting’s “Responsive OTM” offering, Retailers can take advantage of the leading TMS solution through a new low-cost delivery model that yields quick ROI.
Is Oracle Transportation Management Right for me?
Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) is the leading transportation system on the market today. It allows each retailer to address its own unique network, rules and service needs. Its robust optimization capabilities ensure the lowest possible cost within delivery service parameters. A common repository of data and workflows allow central transportation management, reducing potential headcount or 3PL management services fees. The easy-to-use web front-end means transportation planners, logistics staff, buyers, carriers and vendors will quickly adopt the solution and drive value. OTM’s open architecture and pre-built integration means a retailer can quickly integrate the solution with vendors, carriers and internal systems.
OTM Retail Solution Offerings
A rapid return on investment is critical for retailers who implement or upgrade their transportation system. Stat9 Consulting has developed a series of solution offerings targeted to delivering quick, objective returns with minimal risk and minimizing the burden on the IT staff. Our offerings for Retailers include:
OTM Retail Accelerators
– Pre-defined implementation and scoping plan, covering typical retailer needs
– Process configurations including load planning for inbound from port-of-entry and outbound from DC’s to stores; event management; freight payment
– Pre-defined data conversion templates and order transactional data elements
– Pre-defined design work flows and order handling
– Pre-defined baseline testing scenarios
– 12-20 week implementation cycle time
– Provides OTM on a “pay-as-you-go” basis
– Bundles hosting, software and services
– Pre-defined integration solution
– Provides a plug-and-play type approach with opportunity for later customization based on unique needs
– Can start small and scale-up as business needs dictate
– Minimum upfront payment with monthly subscription
OTM Value Added Services
– Rating Analysis: A review of current services and carrier by lane to determine if there are potential outliers in cost or performance
– EDI Initiative: Adding carriers to the EDI network to enable improved communications for tendering (EDI 204), shipment status (EDI 214), etc
– KPI Development & Reporting: Using the data available inside OTM and a pre-built and defined set of retail KPI’s, construct reporting at the transactional, tactical and strategic levels
– Analyze client’s historical data to develop static/recommended routes
– Construct a logistics “profit center” using OTM’s buy/sell rate functionality
– Enhance vendor compliance and management with added accurate reason coding sourced from OTM